September 15, 2012

Elaquent - Parallel [Music Video]

Toronto based producer, Elaquent, gears up to drop his much anticipated "Parallel" EP on October 30th. Watch the visuals for the title track and pre-order the 5 track EP below!

" Normally I have a really long, detailed, philosophical explanation as to the meaning of my album and what I was trying to do. And I certainly do, but this time, I will try not to overcomplicate things.

Parallel lines refer to two lines that never intersect or touch...which is how i feel about this music shit lately. I'm certainly not the only musician doing the kind of music that I do, but I find a lot of pressure in all sorts of places to follow the same type of formula as other artists, many of which I'm fans of. However, I would rather stay in my own lane...i believe that the destination is ultimately the same. Kind of one of those ideas that is applicable in all fascades of life, ultimately, the purpose is to what makes sense and suits you, rather than altering yourself to fit in with everybody else, at the end of the day, we are all striving and moving in the same direction.

In terms of the music, I wanted to challenge myself more. very little sampling, spent a lot of time trying to work on the actual composition of everything so that my music feel more like songs, than just beats. I suppose it will ultimately be up to you to decide whether it worked, or if you like it or not. I just wanted to step a bit outside of my comfort zone and approach the body of music from a different standpoint, being at a different point in my life. Nevertheless, enjoy. Many thanks for all of the support. " - Elaquent
Posted By AdeelRVS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...